Monday, February 14, 2011

Ten Grain Torpedo and Rye

This weekend I decided to retry the Tyrolean Ten Grain Torpedo.  The last time I tried this I ended up with a big lumpy mess of blegh dough and tossed it.  Although it resembles more of a football than a torpedo, it came out much better this time around.  I think if I added some wheat germ to the preferment it would really bring out a better "wheaty" flavor

I'm still practicing my scoring, can't quite get it pretty enough.


I also made my first Rye bread following the Levy's Real Jewish Rye recipe out of The Bread Bible.  I'm very happy with how this one turned out.  I brought it to work today so I could not get any crumb shots.  It looks about the same as the ten grain torpedo's crumb only instead of cereal it has caraway seeds.  We ate it with some fresh butter and hummus somebody else brought in.


One corner split :(










No comments:

Post a Comment